Friday, March 11, 2005

Incomplete Manifesto - Starting Points

Design is important. Tom Peters says so. I have come in my own way to the same conclusion.

So I am looking to find more to read in this area. Donald A. Norman's Design of Everyday Things was a good read. I found he has a sequel to that: Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate) Everyday Things. I'll get to that one eventually.

Found this Incomplete Manifesto by Bruce Mau Design.

48 points. All good.

You could take anyone of them as a starting point for a dialogue on design.

I especially like #3.

It guides how I plan and execute my running.
After all the training, once the start is sounded, the race is you versus the clock.
So you maintain focus on the execution of step after step, keeping form, maintaining breathing...
If the process is followed, the results will take care of themselves.

I also like #17.


Which one(s) do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment