Wednesday, February 23, 2005

"Draft" by James Hoch, Poetry Comments, Rumi

I found that Slate has a series where a poet reads one of their own poems.

Yes, I must have missed it earlier.

Oh well, the first mistake this year. :-)

Follow the link for the text and the voice!

Robert Pinsky, poetry editor for Slate, is the creator of the Favorite Poem Project. I heard him read when he was making the rounds during the Favorite Poem Project and also caught him at the Dodge Poetry Festival.

As a recent blogger, poetry holds a special interest for me.

The ability to condense thought
to some arrangement of words
that allows the reader
to dance in that same space
as the writer
although separated
physically
is a wonderful thing!

Rumi said:
"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing
there is a field. I'll meet you there."

Rumi was born during 1207 and passed away during 1273.
Yet, even today, his words still can transport us to a field.

Will you meet me there?

No comments:

Post a Comment