Sunday, January 09, 2005

The Gamer

One of the sections of the Globe Magazine I look forward to each week is the profile. They have a one page picture facing a one page article on someone in the region. This week is on Hazel Mae, the Sports Anchor at NESN, the local cable channel.

I was writing about passion yesterday and find Hazel saying:

"But when first approached about a job in Boston, Mae was not interested. She wanted to stay close to family and friends in Toronto. Now, she has no regrets about the move. "If I didn't give it a try, I knew I would kick myself later on," says Mae. "As someone who loves sports, I'd be absolutely stupid to not go into such a sports-crazy market. I literally picked up my life and moved to a city where I didn't know a soul. To do that, it had to be a city that is just as passionate about its sports teams as I am about sports in general."

The Bold is my emphasis.


Note: the profile was written by Shira Springer who is a member of the Globe staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment