Friday, January 07, 2005

Daily Blog Routine

Back when I first started blogging (not really that long ago). I would find a blog, mark it in my Favorites, and visit it again. The more I read, the more links I added. The more I followed the links, the more I found out about blogging. I figured out how to edit the links on my blog to show the key blogs I followed.

I picked up on the RSS Reader somewhere along the way and Bloglines the very next day as I recall. I spent some time converting my Favorite links to the RSS Reader. Then found this was so much easier to do with Bloglines. So I spent more time converting all my links to Bloglines.

The daily routine developed that I would spend time scrolling through Bloglines checking my feeds, following links to postings that caught my eye. I would comment directly where I felt like it and that it could add something (yes, my two cents, of course). I picked up on Trackbacks and found Haloscan to do that for me when my comment was going to be long enough to do on my own posting.

I still use the RSS Reader. I think most of the links between the two are the same (finally). My preference still is to read the blog posting directly on the blogger's page. I'll speed read to select within either Bloglines or the RSS but the once it hooks me, I go to the site.

I found BlogRoll along the way and that made the link management for my own blog easier. I keep a few links separate as they do not have an RSS feed. The list on the BlogRoll is shorter than that in the RSS Reader or Bloglines, for now at least.

I do have full time employment, a family, and a house to take care of so I feel lucky if I get to spend an hour or two in this blogosphere during the week days. On the weekend, I tend to squeeze a few more hours in.

For those single writer blogs (one writer, one blog), what is your routine?
Do you have one? or do you just go with the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment