Friday, December 31, 2004

Take nothing for granted

I like winter in New England for the variety and for the cold water that comes from the faucet. It is naturally cold and refreshing. During the summer, if you want cold water, you need ice or the forethought to put some water into a jug and put it in the refrigerator.

Standing at the sink this morning, I think how easy it is for me to enjoy this cold drink. I generally spend little time thinking about it. Grab a cup or glass and turn the faucet.

This time my thought also turns to those who would love to have a good clean drink. Like those in India, Sri Linka, Somolia, Thailand, and other countries affected by the tsunami.

For the survivors, a normal life will take time. Will they have enough time?

The donations are on their way. Will there be enough to prevent additional deaths?

No comments:

Post a Comment