Wednesday, December 15, 2004

FYI - Reduced Posting Alert

The next few days are going to see a reduced opportunity for posting.

Today, I took the long way home from work to pick up my daughter at college. While I credited her for packing lightly to get up there in September, it seems most of that is coming home now. It still all fit in the van but I needed the van, it would not have fit in the Corolla. Anyway, her sister is certainly happy to see her. They are singing now, interrupting their song to laugh over something else.

Thursday night is my company's holiday party. It will be a late night to come home on the train. I have picked a paperback to read on the train as I will be traveling without my laptop Thursday night and then back in Friday morning. With such a large crowd at the hall, the company discourages checking bags with your coat so I travel light. I am also considering to switch the book (a re-read) for some of the magazines I need to catch up on. The premier issue of Worthwhile I have not cracked open yet, the current FASTCompany I did start, and the new Runner's World just arrived in the mail today.

Allison also celebrates her birthday tomorrow and it looks like her sister and mother will take her out to dinner. I'll miss that event but catch her on Friday night. Her choral group from school is going to appear with Kenny Rogers at his Manchester, NH show. The family will be there to witness this event. (Did I mention that when Allison first told us about the concert, she also asked "Who is Kenny Rogers?". )

With a little luck, I should have some time Saturday to catch up. I still have some stuff from last weekend that I have queued up to finish writing and then post.

So to paraphrase another western Rogers (Roy) who would ride off into the sunset with Dale Evans... queue the music please... you don't want me signing... "Happy reading/writing to you!"

PS - trivia question: What was the name of Roy's horse?

No comments:

Post a Comment