Friday, December 24, 2004

Food shopping always interesting

I like to shop for food. It is a once a week chore that I actually find some fun to do. (Yes, this may be borderline crazy but trust me on this.)

I get to spend money on good things to eat. I get to practice price comparisons. Yes, this is good quick mental math practice. Especially when the comparison pricing is in different units. Is x per pound better than y per ounce? Is x per sheet better than y per square foot? Isn't unit pricing supposed to be in the same unit for the same item? I thought so but I find something different each time I go.

So crusing the web this morning, this posting caught my eye: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/04/19/141810.php

Yes, read on to find about the water that is all the rage at $2,144 per gallon!

Thanks to BusinessPundit for the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment